In order for UBR to assist in maintaining breed quality and standards, a set of requirements were agreed upon to ensure the future families of this breed are able to expect some consistentcy across all breeders.
01. Standard Bernedoodle
- Standard Bernedoodle results from crossing a Moyen or Standard Poodle with a Bernese Mountain Dog.
- Standard Bernedoodles can range in size from 50-100 pounds.
- Smaller standards are generally 22-25 inches at the shoulder and 50-70 pounds.
- Larger standards around 23-29 inches at the shoulder and 70-100 pounds.
02. Miniature Bernedoodles
- Miniature Bernedoodles result from crossing a Miniature or Toy Poodle with a Bernese Mountain Dog.
- Miniature Bernedoodles range from 25-45 pounds and 18-22 inches at the shoulder.
- For a Miniature Bernedoodle to be produced the poodle in the pairing should be 15 pounds or smaller.
03. Tiny Bernedoodles
- Tiny Bernedoodle results from crossing a Toy Poodle with a Miniature Bernedoodle.
- Tiny Bernedoodles range from 10-24 pounds and 12-17 inches at the shoulder.
04. Australian Bernedoodles
- Australian Bernedoodles are a result of crossing an Australian Labradoodle to a Bernese Mountain Dog.
- Puppies cannot be recognized if the parent is part Australian Sheppard.